Prithviraj starring ‘Karnan’ which is based on the epic Mahabharata is said to be the costliest film in the history of Mollywood. The movie directed by RS Vimal will go on floors in August. Director Vimal confirmed the news in a recent interview given to a popular Malayalam online news portal. The team has already begun pre-production works of the movie in Ramoji Rao Film City, Hyderabad.
The pre-production team, which consists of about 200 technicians have been working from about the past sixth months on the project. Interestingly, the team has already made a digital storyboard for the movie. Reportedly, the team is planning to recreate the ancient kingdoms of Hasthinapuri and Indraprastha, with the help of animation artists. The major portions of the movie will be filmed at Ramoji Rao Film City and Varanasi.
Karnan will feature an ensemble star cast, including the actors from Bollywood, Tamil and Telugu industries. The movie will be released as a multi-lingual, in Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, and English. Baahubali cinematographer KK Senthil Kumar has been roped in as the director of photography. Gopi Sundar composes the songs and background score. Karnan is produced by Venu Kunnapally for Kavya Films.
- Not in August: ‘Karnan’ will go on floors by the end of 2017
- Director Priyadarshan has confirmed the teaming up in the upcoming Mohanlal movie
- After Pulimurugan it is ‘Tiyaan’ in budget
- Manjima Mohan is playing the lead role in the Malayalam remake of Queen
- Bollywood director Ajoy Varma – Mohanlal movie gearing up to kick-start the shoot of the movie