Actress Parvathy grabbed the Best Actress Award at Internation Film Festival of India 2017 for her exceptional performance in Mahesh Narayan’s ‘Take off’. The movie which one among the very few Malayalam entries screened at the Festival, has also won the Special Jury Award, taking Malayalam cinema to new heights. ‘Take Off’ which hit theatres earlier this year is a survival suspense thriller inspired by the tale of a Keralite nurses’ struggles in war-torn Iraq. Parvathy portrayed Sameera, a divorcee and a mother of an 8-year-old, who takes up the job of a nurse in Iraq to overcome the financial troubles, in the movie.
- Vanitha Film Awards 2018 – See the complete list of winners here
- Aamir’s ‘Dangal’ trailer explores father-daughter relationship
- ‘Chengazhi Nambiar’ – story of a suicide squad member in Mamankam
- Take Off trailer released and gained a good response
- M Nishad movie ‘Kinar’ will feature three of the leading actress of Indian cinema